Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Thursday, March 19, 2009


The Olongapo Public Employment Services Office (PESO) has recently opened the registration for the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES).

The SPES program is a joint project of the Department of Labor and Employment and the Olongapo City government in coordination with the Public Employment Services Office (PESO). It is open to all indigent yet deserving students of Olongapo City, who is fifteen years old (15) upon registration and passed the entrance examination.

“Isa sa aking mga prayoridad ay makatulong sa edukasyon ng kabataan at turuan namang maghanap-buhay ng marangal ang mga walang trabaho at hindi makapag-aral,” Mayor Gordon previously said. “Kaya naman todo ang suportang ibinibigay ng lungsod sa SPES at sa iba pang programang laan para sa kabataan,”Mayor Gordon added.

In its 16th year, over 700 students, mostly from the public schools applied for the SPES program and 244 will be chosen.

The 244 SPES qualifiers will render twenty (20) days of work in the different departments of the city government and private companies and will receive a sixty percent (60%) compensation from their employers (private companies and LGU’s) and the remaining forty percent (40%) will come from the Department of Labor and Employment.

The SPES qualifiers will start work on April 01, 2009.


Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home


This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012