Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 12 Job Fair A Success

Mayor James “Bong” Gordon Jr. has acknowledged the success of the recently concluded job fair held last June 12 during the Independence Day and Cityhood celebration.

The job fair was launched by the Public Employment Services Office (PESO) together with the Office of the City Mayor. Ten (10) local companies and ten (10) overseas companies participated in said job fair. The PESO office also reported that there were a total of 786 applicants, 70% of whom were Olongapo residents and the remaining 30% came from neighboring towns in Zambales, Bataan and Pampanga provinces. “There were 506 qualified applicants as reflected on the initial screening and we are happy to announce that there were 15 applicants who were hired on the spot for local employment.” Ms. Evelyn Delos Santos, PESO manager said.

“Under this administration, everybody is given fair and ample chance to apply and look for a job. There are many jobs out there, maybe not as many as the applicants we have but at least through the job fairs under the HELPS program, we can help and point them to the right direction” Mayor James Gordon Jr. said during the weekly flag ceremony. “ To those who are looking for a job, may it be here or abroad, my advice is just try and try and I am sure one of these days you’ll get what you are working hard for and do not stop striving for excellence”, added Mayor Gordon.

Mayor James “Bong” Gordon Jr. asssist job applicants at the June 12 job fair where representatives of participating companies receive their applications.

Mayor James “Bong” Gordon Jr. looks on as Kagawad Edwin Piano explains
the process of using the job-matching machine during the June 12 job fair.

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home


This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012