Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Saturday, September 25, 2010


A sixty one (61) year-old lady died after she was rushed to James L. Gordon Memorial Hospital due to thermal burns. Corazon Laluces , neighbor of the victim, Paulina Mesias, a resident of Santol St. Purok 3 New Cabalan, Olongapo City said, “ Tingin ko ung gaserang gamit nya ang sanhi ng kanyang pagkasunog, nasa sahig po kasi yun, baka nadilaan yung duster nya.”

Corazon went to Mayor James “Bong” Gordon, Jr. to ask for financial assistance to pay for hospital bills and burial fees. Mayor Gordon immediately granted the request of Corazon.

In a statement, Corazon said they immediately rushed Paulina to JLGMH on September 16, 2010. Paulina has no relatives in the city.

After a week of confinement in the hospital , Paulina died of multiple organ failure , she now lie-in-state at Dalluay Memorial Homes.

The incident serves as an eye opener. It can be recalled that Mayor Gordon has been repeatedly reminding every Olongapeño that extra care must be taken when using “gasera”, candles and the likes.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home


This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012