BURNS VICTIM LAD NO RELATIVES
A sixty one (61) year-old lady died after she was rushed to James L. Gordon Memorial Hospital due to thermal burns. Corazon Laluces , neighbor of the victim, Paulina Mesias, a resident of Santol St. Purok 3 New Cabalan, Olongapo City said, “ Tingin ko ung gaserang gamit nya ang sanhi ng kanyang pagkasunog, nasa sahig po kasi yun, baka nadilaan yung duster nya.”
Corazon went to Mayor James “Bong” Gordon, Jr. to ask for financial assistance to pay for hospital bills and burial fees. Mayor Gordon immediately granted the request of Corazon.
In a statement, Corazon said they immediately rushed Paulina to JLGMH on September 16, 2010. Paulina has no relatives in the city.
After a week of confinement in the hospital , Paulina died of multiple organ failure , she now lie-in-state at Dalluay Memorial Homes.
The incident serves as an eye opener. It can be recalled that Mayor Gordon has been repeatedly reminding every Olongapeño that extra care must be taken when using “gasera”, candles and the likes.