Olongapo SubicBay BatangGapo Newscenter

Thursday, June 19, 2008

PDEA fears suspect in Subic shabu haul may be dead

By. Ben R. Rosario – Tempo

The Head of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) expressed yesterday apprehension that the principal suspect in the attempted smuggling of 770 kilos of shabu at the Subic bay Freeport may be dead.

PDEA Director General Dionisio Santiago said this is a grim possibility of Anton Ang’s fate if there are indeed powerful personality behind his bold bid to bring into the country the huge shabu shipment that was intercepted by operatives of the Subic bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) late last month.

Santiago said Ang, together with another suspect, shoud strongly consider surrendering before the PDEA and face squarely the criminal charges filed against them.

“With us, he would be assured that he’ll live, that is assuming he is still alive,” said Santiago. “If he continues to hide, other people involved in the alleged drugs smuggling through SBMA might have him liquidated.”

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home


This is a joint private blog of volunteers from Subic Bay. It is being maintained primarily to collate articles that may be of importance to decision making related to the future of Subic Bay and as a source of reference material to construct the history of Subic Bay.

The articles herein posted remains the sole property of original authors and publications which has full credits to the articles.

Disclaimer: Readers should conduct their own research and due diligence before using any article herein posted for whatever intended purpose it may be. This private web log will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reader's reliance on information obtained from volunteers of this private blog.

www.subicbay.ph, http://olongapo-subic.com, http://sangunian.com, http://olongapo-ph.com, http://oictv.com, http://brgy-ph.com, http://subicbay-news.com, http://batanggapo.com 16 January 2012