LM members ask for Ebdane replacement
MEMBERS of the national directorate of the political party, Lapiang Manggagawa (LM) which is also the country’s third oldest political party, have asked party president Atty. Jose Malvar Villegas to convene the body to recommend the replacement of former standard bearer, Sec. Hermogenes Ebdane, Jr., who recently withdrew from the presidential race of 2010.
The Lapiang Manggagawa is a three million strong organization that is fielding candidates in the national and local levels in the coming 2010 elections.
As such, Atty. Jose Malvar Villegas announced the convening of the national directorate body on Dec. 6, Sunday, at the historic Manila Hotel. The Lapiang Manggagawa (LM) national directorate has asked the party’s selection committee to present to the body the nominees made by its members to-date so that the body may evaluate the contenders properly. Among the nominees so far are the following:
1. Senator Richard Gordon -- nominated by Antonio Ramat, current chair of the LM Zambales provincial chapter.
2. Sec. Gilbert Teodoro -- nominated by Camarines Sur Board Member Carlo Batalla, and current chair of the LM Bicol region.
3. Bro. Eddie Villanueva -- nominated by Louie Balbago, LM vice president and national chairman of the Balikatan People’s Alliance.
4. Senator Jamby Madrigal -- nominated by Basilan provincial chairman and LM congressional candidate Ustad Jhularab Sampang; and by Batangas provincial chairman Dennis Hernandez.
5. Jose Lao -- A balikbayan entrepreneur, nominated by former governor and congressman of Eastern Samar Jose Ramirez who is also current LM vice president for the Visayas.