TRAFFIC PLAN FOR OPLAN KALULUWA 2010
Every year, All Saints Day is observed all over the Philippines and it is expected that traffic congestion and delays will take place in major thoroughfares and in the vicinities of cemeteries, including those in Olongapo City.
The Office of Traffic Management and Public Safety (OTMPS) will deploy traffic personnel in all designated Traffic Control Points (TCP) and install appropriate traffic signs in all critical intersections, gates and turning points within the vicinity of the major cemeteries of the city, Olongapo Public Cemetery, Olongapo Memorial Park and Olongapo Heritage Garden.
Command posts will be set up at the parola near the Olongapo Public Cemetery and at Del Rosario Road infont of the Olongapo Memorial Park where representatives from OTMPS, PUD, OBFP, JLGMH, PNP, KHG, ESMO, Olongapo PNRC Chapter, City Engineering Office, Barangays and Civic Communication Group will be stationed.
The traffic scheme released by the Office of Traffic Management and Public Safety (OTMPS) for Olongapo Memorial Park and Heritage Garden are as follows:
- Del Rosario road will be open to vehicular and pedestrian traffic up to 1259H only.
- Vehicles going to Memorial Park from Sta. Rita Road will tun right at Tulio Street, right turn to Del Rosario Road straight to their destination.
- Vehicles coming from the National Hi-way can go straight to Memorial Park or to Heritage Garden.
- At 1300H Del Rosario Road will be CLOSED to Vehicular traffic until further notice.
- Motorist bound to Olongapo Heritage Garden will be permitted to enter provided they will park inside the Heritage Garden Parking Area, and if they are included in the list of vehicles submitted by Heritage Management.
- The whole stretch of the Del Rosario road will be a No Parking Zone from 0600H to 2400H.
Olongapo Public Cemetery:
- there will be no restrictions on Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) and Public Utility Vehicles (PUJ/PUB) via the National Hi-way passing through Olongapo Public Cemetery.
- Public Utility Tricycles shall only be allowed to drop off their passenger along the National Highway by Lyn’s Frame, approximately two hundred meters (200meters) away from the SBMA Kalaklan Bridge.
*Turning Points, before SBMA Kalaklan gate and at Kale Beach
*No temporary Terminal for PUJ’s/PUT’s along National Hi-way from corner Otero Avenue to Olongapo Public Cemetery
*Loading/Unloading on all Light Vehicles (POV’s) maximum of five (5) minutes only, parking is prohibited.
*All illegally park vehicles/motorcycles on the designated NO PARKING AREAS are subject for towing.
*PUJ Temporary Terminal
Along W 18th St. for Blue and Yellow Jeepneys to be managed by West Bajac-Bajac
Olongapo Public Cemetery
-Along National Highway before Preda ONE SIDE PARKING going to City proper.
-Inside Ocean View with Parking Fee to be collected by the resort management.
Memorial Park/ Heritage Garden
-Nat’l. Hi-way from Victory Compound to Mactan, One side Parking going to City proper.
-By Forestry (Bennet and Apitong St.)
-Tabacuhan Road after Del Rosario St. up to Hulo, One side parking going to Hulo.
Mayor James Gordon, Jr. gave strict instructions to concerned agencies to maintain the peace and order of the areas assigned to them.
Labels: OPLAN KALULUWA 2010